- We Would Love to Hear About Your Experience http://t.co/Cw4U68KKsr
- @IU_Health please retweet this infographic to help #Indianapolis residents see how #dentalimplants boost oral health:http://t.co/jGcCB6zt0d
- Find out if #dentalimplants are right for you by reading through this #Indianapolis infographic. @rtv6 please retweet:http://t.co/jGcCB6zt0d
- Decay on a portion of any tooth
- Desire to replace old-fashioned mercury / silver fillings
- Desire to maintain a white, beautiful smile
Tooth colored composite resin fillings are the modern advanced alternative to the unattractive silver mercury fillings. Tooth colored fillings are designed to restore the natural appearance of your teeth by replacing small decayed areas, covering spots, and fixing small chips. The procedure takes only one visit with Dr. Smith and can visually change the appearance of your smile.
Dr. Smith will remove the decay or roughen the surface, then apply a bonding agent. The resin material is then sculpted into the desired shape and light cured into place.
Composite fillings are attractive and natural looking as well as environmentally non-toxic because they use no mercury. They are stronger because they bond directly to the surface of the tooth. They protect the tooth from fracturing because they don’t require the severe “undercut” (removal of healthy tooth structure) of a mercury filling.
The initial investment in a composite filling is slightly higher. This is due to the fact that the composite material is more expensive and the restoration is more complex and time consuming to perform. However, this initial higher investment is offset in the long run by the health benefits and reduced likelihood of restoring potentially fractured teeth.