- We Would Love to Hear About Your Experience http://t.co/Cw4U68KKsr
- @IU_Health please retweet this infographic to help #Indianapolis residents see how #dentalimplants boost oral health:http://t.co/jGcCB6zt0d
- Find out if #dentalimplants are right for you by reading through this #Indianapolis infographic. @rtv6 please retweet:http://t.co/jGcCB6zt0d
- A missing tooth or teeth
- Potential bite and jaw joint problems from teeth shifting to fill the space
- The “sunken face” look associated with missing teeth
- Desire to improve chewing ability
- Desire for a more permanent solution than dentures
A dental implant is a replacement tooth root. The root of the tooth is the part that you do not see in the mouth because it’s the anchor for the tooth in the jaw bone. The implant is surgically attached to the jaw bone and an artificial tooth is attached to the top of the implant, creating a natural looking, undetectable replacement for the missing tooth. In the event that more than one tooth is missing, several implants may provide a base for a series of artificial teeth known as a fixed bridge. It generally takes about six months for the surgical implant to heal before the final installation of the artificial tooth or teeth can be finished.
There are many benefits to dental implants thanks to the advanced methods used by Dr. Smith. The use of sophisticated CT technology and arthroscopic surgical techniques distinguish him from other implant dentists in the region. Dr. Smith uses these techniques to provide virtually painless placement of his dental implants. Dental implants with artificial teeth are the closest thing to re-growing your natural teeth. They are strong, stable, durable and virtually undetectable. By filling gaps left by missing teeth, implants can provide better chewing ability, eliminate the onset of jaw joint problems and provide you with renewed self confidence.
There is definitely a significant amount of healing time (approximately 3 to 4 months) between the placement of the implant and the final custom crown. The benefits of having your tooth back is priceless.